Famous people

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't remember if we've done this one lately but have you ever met anyone famous?

I've only ever met :

Billy Connelly - Sydney circa 1985 near the Opera House.

Mick Robinson - Magpie presenter in the early 70's. (Worked on his house).

joe

Sponsored Links
I once spend the night in Miss World's bed.

(unfortunately not)

I've been in Jayne Torvill's bedroom!

(20 years after she had left the Newsagent shop she lived in as a child).

Oh and I met a Telletubbies sister. The sister was the little red 'Po'.

joe

Ive smoked a spliff with Tony Wilson and ive been throttled by Cane Dingle (Jeff ?) Ive met Roy keanne at the airport, MC Tunes at the Hacienda. A mate of mine bumped into David walliams of all places inside a pyramid in Egypt :eek:

Sponsored Links
Tim Healy & Stan Boardman - in a spanish airport

Mick Hucknall - Manc airport

Patrick Macnee (John Steed) - Gatwick baggage carousel

The Queen & Duke of Ed - British High comission party

Played squash with Prof Kathy Sykes (Rough Science etc)

richard branson, clive james, alan brazil, george sewel, HRH prince Andrew, rula lenska, and a few more i cant remember who have had the privilaged to say hello to me :LOL:

The bloke who plays Terry in emmerdale (Billy Hartman) is a regular in my local.

I also met (In no particular order)

HRH Prince Charles
Sir Patrick Moore
J.K. Rowling
Jim Davidson
Denise Lewis

This was at my fathers investiture at Buckingham Palace

I also met the presenters of tomorrows world at the young engineers for britain competition about 15 years ago.

Well this thread is just ripe for abit of name dropping, I know loads of famous people, most are clients/collecters and some become friends bill oddie , danni minogue , several actors a politician or two and a couple of pop stars, they're all just ordinary people some interesting others not so, prince charles is my landlord.
I once had dinner with Kylie minogue and the new kids on the block , Paul mccartney,terry wogan, helen mirren,David Suchet,Gary Kemp,David Threlfall,richard and judy, harold wilson, loads I can't think of etc,and loads of famous people come here on holiday and stray into my studio.

Lived in Lytham St Annes and used to see down the pub Colin Hendry, Roy Walker, Bill Beaumont quite regularly.

I have met:

Graham Norton (twice)
Dave Lynn (from ch4's "Faking It")
Leslie Crowther (had lunch with him a few months before his accident)
Colin McAllister & Justin Ryan.

I have spoken on the phone to:

Natalie Imbruglia (handled a warranty claim for a Loewe Telly!)
Stirling Moss (I used to do tenant vetting and he owns property)

And, when I was born, on the Isle of Man, our next door neighbour was Francis Rossi! (Although I have no memory of ever seeing him, hardly surprising given that we moved when I was 8 months old!)

Not a bad set of claims to fame......

Once when I was on a balcony of a big building near Rome, a member of the crowd nudged a nun, and said "Do you know who that is, on the balcony?"

The nun replied "Do you mean the old man in the robes, standing next to JohnD?"

all very impressive now my turn

sit down and get ready

I once had a **** next to BIG ron from east enders and he werent ;)

The man in black....Johnny Cash and wife June Carter Cash....came to hospital where I work.
Randy Travis (country music artist)
Dolly Parton

ok.....yes I see the trend. But this IS Nashville :LOL:

mlb3c said:
The man in black....Johnny Cash and wife June Carter Cash....came to hospital where I work.
Randy Travis (country music artist)
Dolly Parton

ok.....yes I see the trend. But this IS Nashville :LOL:
did she take up two beds?

Sponsored Links
Back