Fan assisted gas fire.

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

We have a fan assisted gas fire (coal effect in a feature surround) in our living room.

I am having trouble with the electric fan which is located outside in the fan/flue assembly. The fan bearings are drying out and seizing causing the fire to shut down.

When I free them off they are OK for a week or so then seize again. I have tried high temperature spray and it isn't much better.

Am I supposed to use a specific lubricant for the assembly or is it just tired.

If the fan is gone as anybody any idea where you buy them from? There is a part number on it. Torin AU 076674 DSF 133-42. 240v 50hz 20/07/98 There are no other names or numbers.

The shop who fitted the fire is now longer in business and the gas fitter I asked had no idea

Any suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Am I supposed to use a .......
quote]

YOU are not supposed to be in there. I assume your gas fitter hasn't tried to find what you have got. It isn't very hard.

ChrisR. Is it a Corgi specific area? it's actually the electric motor, you don't go anywhere near gas.

I wouldn't mess about with the actual gas side and do take your point though.

I can't find a makers plate on the fire anywhere. The gas fitter I asked worked for BG he was doing a job on my combi at the time.

I have no problems using a corgi fitter to do the job but didn't want to buy a new assembly just for using the wrong oil type.

Sponsored Links
Yes there is something called fan lube which may be available from plumbcenter though I've never tried, mine comes through work.

ollski & kevplumb.

Thankyou for your comments and suggestions I will try the fan lube.

Kevin, on reflection I have changed my post. It is all about how something is said. You said it right, he didn't. It is obvious I need some kind of high temp lube, I only really wanted to know what.

I didn't consider an electric motor to be of concern to Corgi, although I can see where you are coming from.

There would be no point in this forum if we all gave similar answers in our fields.

BTW. I'm not Corgi reg'd. but this did not stop me working for BG for 10 years in the 70's. I worked on high pressure vessels in pig farms and on governors. We also used to do under pressure jointing/drilling/hydraulic testing/purging etc.Training was at Hollinwood and Pocket Nook. Nobody used to talk about corgi then even on live gas. As long as we had the relevant permits we were even allowed hot work. Do you only need it for actual end user work? or as it all changed now?

forget what we all used to do (me included) you cant do sod all now
well i can cos ive got a bit of plastic that says so
catch my drift :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back