Fan in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a problem with a fan

Got a new vent axia with time delay blue led.

Thought it would be a simple change over.

When i pull the cord the light comes on but the fan does not turn on

But when i bridge the live and the s/l it comes on (turn the light off) and the fan continues to run then goes off. But when i pull the cord again it wont start unless i bridge the permanent live and switch.

the fan has not got an isolator switch, it was a old installation.

Thanks for your help guys

Sponsored Links
When i pull the cord the light comes on but the fan does not turn on
But when i bridge the live and the s/l it comes on (turn the light off) and the fan continues to run then goes off. But when i pull the cord again it wont start unless i bridge the permanent live and switch.
That obviously implies that the 'switched live' is not actually becoming live (at the fan end) when you switch the light on - presumably due to a connection problem at one or other end of the cable or a problem with the cable itself.

[As an afterthought, a stupid question - I presume that there is a wire connected to the s/l terminal of the fan!]

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back