Fan Isolator with Flex outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You guys know where to find everything.

Here's the challenge.

I am installing a number of Dimplex SmartRads. The rads have live neutral and a pilot wire that connects them all. The pilot wire provides control from a master rad to the slave rads.

Power is from a central FCU near the air sourcs heat pump.

To properly isolate each rad I need to disconnect all three cables to the rad. The ideal solution would be a 3-pole isolator like a fan switch but I'll need a flex outlet for the feed to the rad.
Is there such a thing?

If not I may need to install a dual box with a 3-pole switch and a flex outlet side by side.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Sponsored Links
Your duel single box is the solution (3p fan iso + flex outlet), a messy alternative would be a surface box with a hole to the lower side for the flex.

You could try an 8 inch round file on the bottom edge of the isolator, that would give a reasonably neat finish.

MK fan isolator only rated at 10A though.

At school they had big old storage heaters (1970s) that had a double flex outlet that had one switch but two flex outlets (for fan and off-peak circuits) which would suit the application nicely but I've not been able to find them for sale anywhere.

Perhaps ask Dimplex what they suggest to enable the appliance to be installed to comply with Regs.

Sponsored Links
If it is surface mounted then you could use a plastic back box with the 20mm holes in and come out via a gland ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back