fan /rating/power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,im after a bathroom fan that will come on with the bathroom lights and then carry on working when i leave the bathroom and switch the lights off for at least a few minutes

Also any ideas on what rating i need,i have a shower at the moment and the bathroom seems to steam up so need a fan thats suitable,ive a vent pre fitted when i moved in,its about 6 feet high and 4 feet away from the shower water gets nowher near,,what rating fan will i need?

Sponsored Links
hi,im after a bathroom fan that will come on with the bathroom lights and then carry on working when i leave the bathroom and switch the lights off for at least a few minutes
You need one with a timed overrun. Very common.

Also any ideas on what rating i need

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:bathroom-zones

If there's no wiring present for the fan then you'll also find details of how to connect it in the Wiki, don't forget you should also install a 3-pole fan isolator, and you should read these:And if you're in England or Wales you should also read this:

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part-p

thanks but my electrician goin to fit it,ive just been told to get one......will this one do the job?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMCO-150MM-6-...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item1c14d34d66

What about ip ratings which is better? and also how can i tell which is a good powerfull one for getting rid of those unwanted bathroom smells quickly (lol)

My bathroom gets very steamed up aswell (only when the shower is in use) so it should help that side aswell

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
thanks but my electrician goin to fit it,ive just been told to get one
Tell him that as you expect him to guarantee the job he'd better supply the fan to avoid any arguments.

It might.

It might not.

It might do it for a while and then pack up.

It might keep going for years.

But as with most things it's probably best to avoid products made by people you've never heard of and sold cheap on eBay, and stick with products made by well established names.

What about ip ratings which is better?
IP ratings are nothing to do with performance :confused:

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:ip

and also how can i tell which is a good powerfull one for getting rid of those unwanted bathroom smells quickly (lol)
By looking at the specs for how much air they shift and picking the one that shifts the most.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back