Fantasy car (or motorbike)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A (hopefully) light-hearted thread to momentarily take our mind off all the bad stuff going on in the world. What car and/or motorbike (that you know you'll very likely never own for whatever reason) would you have if you could?

Couple of rules :)

1. Please don't bad mouth other posters choices. What we like or don't like is subjective, so let's keep it pleasant.
2. Your fantasy car/motorbike can be a brand new model or from decades ago, no rules age or cost wise.
3. You can only post a maximum of 2 x fantasy cars and/or 2 x motorbikes, no lists please ;)
4. Feel free to post a link or pic of your choices.

I'd go for this:

New model Range Rover Sport. Yes I know it divides opinion, however I've always liked them.

Range Rover Sport - Vehicle Features - Land Rover UK

Sponsored Links
Either, a Triumph Bonneville 650cc or a Norton Commando 750cc.
I see cars purely as a functional item. Something to get me and my family from A to B with whatever luggage we may need.

Always wanted a CBX when I was in my early 20's.

hqdefault.jpg

ended up with one of these
47b8a26861c5340dfa3fcc0653e08b6e--honda-bikes-memories.jpg

Sponsored Links
Always wanted a CBX when I was in my early 20's.

hqdefault.jpg

ended up with one of these
47b8a26861c5340dfa3fcc0653e08b6e--honda-bikes-memories.jpg

You post reminds me of my brother who sadly died in an accident years ago, he tossed a coin between your dream bike and a Suzki 750GT - he went for the 750gt, awesome bike and i fell off it when i tried it luckily the crash bars saved us all he was not happy at all. Prior to that he had a Suzki triple lovel showy bike like the 750GT, this is over 40 years ago.

To keep and use (?)
Cars hmm

Early 70,s Mach 1 Mustang

Plymouth road runner

bikes hmmm

RGB Weslake (?)

750 Desmo ( Ducati)

I actually own my fantasy bike & have done for very many years.

Cars have never captured my attention like bikes do, which is a good thing because if bikes hit that spot then they are usually a hell of a lot cheaper.

I guess my fantasy car is a 67 Mustang, our paths have crossed a few times over the years, but I've never been overwhelmed by the urge to buy one at such ridiculous prices.

Honda RC166 250cc 6 : circa 1967

-0-

Awesome

seen them run a few times at goodwood and brands

another one was the guzzi V8
( sammy millar) not as loud as I would have expected

Definitely A-Team
I'd want a van. Might enjoy work more
Definitely one of my fave progs growing up and fave tv vehicles. Did you ever notice no one (or very few) actually died. Cars etc blown up right left centre but the camera shot usually included letting the viewer see the baddies crawling from the wreckage :)

Cars destroy everything! Health, peace and the environment.

And how can you enjoy a car nowadays with all the congestion, roadworks, bad drivers, speed humps, potholes and expensive fuel?

That said, driving is one of the great pleasures of life. It's just that there are far too many cars. Therefore, my car fantasy is for there to be fewer cars. I would like to remove 9 of every 10 cars from British roads.

I don't have an ideal car, but I like the idea of being chauffeured around in luxury, royal family style.

As for bikes it would have to be a classic British bike complete with oil leak or a 1970s big Japanese bike. Maybe an Italian such as a Moto Guzzi, Ducati or Laverda (was Laverda Italian?) Certainly not a Harley.

Sponsored Links
Back