FAQs : CALLING ALL GAS FITTERS

Guess I have to put in my penny’s worth to stay a member.
Last bike I had was the continental version of the zzr1100 mk 1, when it was just out. Still had all the teething problems like the rearwheel mounting a tad too long which meant it was wobbly and an airintake balance pipe that was position in such a way that wind coming from a certain angle caused the cv to malfunction which resulted in a sharp decline in power. Accelerating in low gear would make you fold over the handle bars when that happened.
Still, a tad under 200 mph, I had it on 300 kph on German autobahn, was bloody fast in early nineties.

By the way, I did not mention sd as one of the real baddies

Chris, I know the suzuki 2-stroke 3, had 2 of ‘em and the kawa 550 2-stroke which was one of the fastest accelerators in it’s day, but never seen a kawa 750 2-stroke. When was this made?

Sponsored Links
Watch out for the motorbike survey coming soon in the FAQs :LOL:

Thanks for all your replies and keep em coming as "which boiler" is always coming up and we can all refer OPs to the FAQs instead of typing an answer. :D

[
It cant have been that long ago all i cared and worried about was beer tokens, riding like a mad thing and chasing skirt

Oh what memories,if only i could go back,all i had to worry about was the health of my RD250,the pub pool team,and the female hairdressing/secretarial students at the same college as me.

ben the kawa's kh500[h1] and kh750[h2] triples[prob got the h no round the wrong way ran from the early seventies real mans machine in a straight line show it a corner and the frame flexed,used to think they had a hinge in the middle very bad drum brakes on the early ones.later models had disc brakes a single one it on think :LOL: nothing sounded like them with chambers fitted,easier to wheelie than an rd/rg/ or yr5/yr7 :LOL: old two strokes just like good boilers killed by the need for higher efficency :cry:
have a look http://www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/gallery.html

Sponsored Links
[
It cant have been that long ago all i cared and worried about was beer tokens, riding like a mad thing and chasing skirt

Oh what memories,if only i could go back,all i had to worry about was the health of my RD250,the pub pool team,and the female hairdressing/secretarial students at the same college as me.

My god Garfield, I had the same bike AND the same worries.

:)

little experience with domestic combi's except worcester greenstar, never a hiccup.
some experience with buderus who apparently have gotten into bed with worcester bosche and appear to to be making in roads into the domestic market...

now bikes, yes that a proper topic of conversation...

04 ultra glide ;)

One of lifes scariest moments front wheel puncture on a bike doing 70 heavy traffic coming at me bike all over the road and at every angle thinking this is going to really hurt didnt touch brakes incase it made it worse. In the end kept bike up and no road rash. :eek:

Nice one nam

Worst one I had was hitting the bonnet of a micra (off all things) at (thank gawd) about 35.

Bike stayed put I went Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

All I got was a broken rib, Result. the old girl in the motor was horrified. it right shook her up poor lamb

Sorry Mr Mod

MOD 10

Can you help me out with the System boilers topic please. Needs further editing and I am running out of steam. :D

FAQ 38 is full of mistakes! A system boiler does not contain a cylinder, etc etc etc! Not sure what Question it's addressing.

Bahco.

As much as I would like to help your question reference combi boilers/bean cans.

I have fitted 3 at most in the last 49.2 years, all in industrial properties.

They are cheap poorly made profit generators, I would rate them all at zero with potty/baxi being the biggest zero and Alpha not far behind

Bahco....are we talking about boilers that are currently on the market or any from any era.

As far as I am concerned best boilers in my book are Vaillant Sine (family), VCW 242 etc and Vokera Flowmatic. These boilers could be abused but they kept on going

Vokera Excel comes second

Ravenheat comes last as they are very difficult to work on (perhaps I am all thumb on them that is why)

Early Baxis (Bermudas, WM 281, etc) have been bombproof, equally so the Kingfisher and Ideal E type. While not very fuel friendly but if appropriate controls are fitted, I would not be surpried if running costs and repairs total less than that of a steamer.

especially when you take into account you will HAVE to replace a condensing boiler every 10 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back