Faulty Biasi Boiler doing head in!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Biasi M90E 24S boiler. It has intermitant faults as hot water sometimes works ok but sometimes not at all, and when I put on heating it sometimes works fine for about an hour then stops but you can still hear the pump going and the light flashes faster. If I try turning on and off nothing happens apart from you can hear the pump but if I leave it for about an hour till everything is flat cold it will do the same cycle again.
I have had an engineer out and it decided to work fine for nearly 2 hours whilst he checked it then decided to revert back to its faulty status once he left. He checked the temperature sensors and said the system may need cleaning so I have drained the system and flushed it with water and to be honest it did not look bad at all so now I have refilled it and put some cleaner in to try flush it all out. I also have a radiator in the loft which doesnt get hot anymore even though I have bled it. The boiler is directly below it in my bathroom and I can feel the pipe going up is starting to get hot but obviously its not circulating back. I have even bled the rad whist turning off the supply to either side as i thought there may be a blockage gut water flows either way fine. He said he also replaced the diaphram when he looked at before. Please help as I have 2 small children and it's driving me bonkers.(the boiler is approx 6 years old) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
The flashing light is a lockout error. In reality the only way to diagnose what is causing the fault is for your engineer to see the fault lights on the pcb when it locks out otherwise it's just chasing shadows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back