Faulty Karcher K620 Pressure Washer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this a couple of years and it's always been fine, until today, i came to use it after it'd been stood for the winter (in a heated garage, so no frost or water damage), at first it tripped the RCD, thought nothing of it and reset it, stayed on this time, however, the pressure washer is completely dead, with the exception of the green power LED. This is lit.

I then disconnected it and checked all connections, when i reconnected it, the RCD didn't trip but now the unit is completely dead.

Any ideas as to what to check?

I'm quite competent at repairing things, just not had chance to have a good look at it yet (had to wash the bike by hand!), is there anything in particular i should look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
throw it away and get a new one :( i think they are a "sealed unit" (may be wrong) but unless its something like a loose connection its probably going to be expensive

I once had one give up, although i think it was due to frost, i neverbothered and got a new one, which was better than the 1st one and cost less

I'm not too sure whether it's sealed or not, not had a proper look but i can see a few screws around the casing!

It's annoying, this cost over £300 about 3yrs ago and has barely had any use.

Grrr.

Cheers anyway.

well it wouln't do any harm to open the screws but i think its the idsides that are sealed, but never having opened one i may be wrong, mine was about £140, new one just under £100, but there can be no harm in trying, as i said you may find a loose wire.

i also have a cheapo pillar drill, the on / off relay went, a 1.20 switch cured that. I am not saying dont look, just dont hold your hopes too high.

never know i may be totaly wrong. good luck though

Sponsored Links
Cheers,

I think i'll wait for the weather to get a little warmer first though!

Too cold to be working outside.

I'll let you know how it goes.

you know what i mean, it's heated, in the fact that it's not freezing.

it's about 8oC in there i think, but, with the weather as it is, i'll wait until there's a nice day!

Cheers for all your help.

I had the same problem with mine when I came to use it last time. I took all the casing off and the only thing that controls the motor is a micro switch controlled by a plunger that measures the pressure differential across the pump. I found that the plunger was sticking due to the grease on the plunger had gone bad and was sticky. I cleaned the plunger and
re-greased it, it now works fine :LOL: hope this helps.

hello i fix karchers and the k620m will stop working due to lack of use. the pump is aluminium and will rust if left unused for long periods. the rust is aluminiumoxide and is a white powder. the answer is to use the machine at least every 8 wks. the repair is to clean and grease the control piston on the top of the pump. i hope to post a how to video on youtube soon. search "repair the k620m" on youtube. If your piston has stuck the best solution is a new piston and grease. always use silicone grease as it is not washed away by the water. sparesgiant sell the control piston online part number 4580347.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back