Karcher K 2.54 leaking pressure! Repairable or no good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Karcher 2.54 for a couple of years. Unfortunately after standing all winter it has now developed a leak where water and pressure is coming out when in use. When very high pressure option is used it seems to be blowing out of everywhere and water leaking from underneath. I admit it has stood in a shed over winter so probably suffered from the freezing temperatures. Is it useless now or is it possible to get it repaired somewhere? I have checked the Karcher website but am concerned about the cost. Probably repair will cost more than a new replacement! Just thought I'd ask anyway. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Try Karcher...they do have a service agent in Bedford.
You can buy a new one for as little as 100 pounds if you shop around. Whichever way you go be sure to keep it in a frost free environment next winter :idea:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have had a look and see the local Karcher agency. I have also seen that at Tesco they are currently selling the K 2.54 for £80 which is only a couple of quid more than I paid for mine so I guess repair is going to be more than that. :)

80 pounds is a snip.
Ask Karcher how much they charge for an inspection...that only costs a phone call.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the mech seal has failed. A new seal will probably set you back about £40 plus the cost of fitting a new one, not an easy task if you don't know how to do it and they can break very easily.

Best option is to buy the one at Tesco and keep the old one for possible spares. e.g. lance, input hose etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back