Faulty laptop (not hardware or software forum)

Asus are well known for lack of customer support. They released quite a few laptops with faults. Common problems included the Nvidia graphics chip , which turned out to be faulty and usually corrupted the display shortly after the warranty ran out. Retailers knew about this problem and kept referring customers back to Asus, who then offered to replace the mobo (only for the fault to recur) (I know this isn't the problem your having, before anyone jumps in again)
Do some research on the internet for known manufacturing faults with Asus laptops and you'll be surprised that anyone actually buys them.

;) ;)

Yep Asus are crap and always have been. Asus MB were the worse offender for faults but their return policy wasn't an issue.

Sponsored Links
Well FWIW i.e. nothing, yes, i would say it's physical damage, but to bang on about someone lying about it is just foolish. Give it a try Steve, see what they say, be polite but assertive and tenacious, but ultimately expect to have to pay for a new screen.

Just as I thought - you live in cookoo land. It's customer damage - that is obvious. You explain how it happened then (he won't). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joe, why do you consider almost everyone to be a downright liar? Almost every topic on here has derogatory comments from yourself. If you went to your doctors and he told you that you had some terminal disease, I bet you'd be seeking a second, third, fourth , fifth (and so on) opinion until they medical profession got fed up and told you, you'll live forever. Why can't you just accept posts at face value? Instead of jumping in feet first and accusing people of anything you like?
No wonder people leave this forum, when there are trolls like you stalking them.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you try living in the real world for 5 minutes? If we were talking about a car with a bump in the bumper then that would mean either:

Someone had reversed into something

Or someone had run into it.

You would not be banging on about trading law on consumer rights.

You would not argue that the dent came by 'magic'.

The principle here is the same. Someone has broken the screen. Nothing to do with lying. They may not realise that they did something that broke the screen - but that does not mean they have not.

That is what the shop will tell him and the courts will tell him should he choose to take that course.

Now stop being a dopey girl and tell him that eh?

:rolleyes:

Asus had problems with the keyboard on some models cracking. When customers first complained, Asus claimed it was damage caused by the customers themselves. Only after several thousands of complaints did they then admit it was a design/manufacturing fault. Who's to say, that this fault isn't one of these faults? This can only be determined by an expert actually looking at the laptop, not by someone reading posts on a bloody forum.

Well shut up then and let them get on with it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Asus had problems with the keyboard on some models cracking. When customers first complained, Asus claimed it was damage caused by the customers themselves. Only after several thousands of complaints did they then admit it was a design/manufacturing fault. Who's to say, that this fault isn't one of these faults? This can only be determined by an expert actually looking at the laptop, not by someone reading posts on a bloody forum.

Asus have offered to look at it and if it's a manufacture fault the will not charge, an expert look me thinks..?

From the explanation of the "fault" it looks like pressure has been applied to cause this damage. Never known a screen to just crack. not saying the lady has told a fib but it may have been something she was not aware of but it can only be solved if Asus look at it. If they say no charge if it's their fault then why the fuss? send it off and let them look at it, if it's a certainty it's a manufacture fault no worries.

In all honesty, if a person kicked up a stink after you made the offer alarm bells would start to ring and the question would be asked, is this a case of damage by the consumer.

At least your asking
Is this a case of damage by the consumer?

Unlike Joe who jumps in with both feet and makes the statement that it IS customer damage, than calls the OP and his mum liars.

The facts speak for themselves. What more proof do you need? :rolleyes:

"I rung the Asus helpline (at 8 pence per minute), who said it is probably customer damage. I insisted that it isnt, and he suggested emailing in some photos and an explanation so an engineer could look at it. The other option from them was a £35 pickup and inspection charge, which would be refunded if they found it was a manufacturing fault. Clearly without me pressing my case, they are going to insist it is customer damage (I know myself, this is what it looks like, but it isnt)"

Back to manufacture warranty.

So it looks like customer damage but isn't? Care to explain what it is then?

Sponsored Links
Back