Faulty laptop (not hardware or software forum)

Sponsored Links
The store wiped their hands of responsibility, a manufacturer will often look into it. A manufacture warranty starts from the moment you purchase and is often the best place to start.

Send it back to the manufacturer.

Nope,don't be fobbed off by the store.

Peaps, if your that experienced then you KNOW within 28 days the place of purchase is THE ONLY FIRST CONTACT.

You are wrong, you don't have to go back to the store. Many manufactures cut out the middle-man these days and you just ring them up or do it over the net.

He went to the store remember? The store told him to walk.

Sponsored Links
His fault then.
would you walk?

That was a standard response and he fell for it.
Bet you did that too ehh, saved warran........no guarantee issues.

Peaps, if your that experienced then you KNOW within 28 days the place of purchase is THE ONLY FIRST CONTACT.

You are wrong, you don't have to go back to the store. Many manufacturers cut out the middle-man these days and you just ring them up or do it over the net.

He went to the store remember? The store told him to walk.

Peaps, we are talking here about the Sale of Goods Act, which shops and suppliers can't just ignore. They can tell you it's not their responsibility, but strictly speaking, they do have to follow the law. If the OP was to take the item back, then Comet have responsibilities under the SOGA to either refund his money or offer a like for like replacement.

What if he dropped the bloody thing and broke it? :rolleyes:

Joe is back on my ignore list.

I didnt go to the store. my mother was told AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE to contact the manufac. if anything went wrong.

Head in the sand then eh? Very clever. You broke you laptop - get over it.

I didnt go to the store. my mother was told AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE to contact the manufac. if anything went wrong.

You could of course , approach your local Trading Standards officer at the council. I'm sure they'd take a dim view of a store , blatantly ignoring the Sale of Goods Act.

You could of course , approach your local Trading Standards officer at the council. I'm sure they'd take a dim view of a store , blatantly ignoring the Sale of Goods Act.

What if he's dropped it and broken it?

Warranty only covers manufacture fault, broken screen when it was ok before it left the store.....

Manufactures are more forgiving, always the best route to go, nothing to do with the law, you have the choice to go straight to the manufacture and in my experience they more often than not replace the item.

Same difference, take it to store.
They will know.

Damage to case, prime example.

When I bought our new fridge freezer from Comet, about 3 years ago. They asked would I like to purchase the extended warranty, to continue from the 12 months standard.

I said no its ok, if it breaks within the next 3 or 4 years I will be bringing it back to you anyway under the Sales of Goods Act.........sellers face wa a picture :LOL:

These large retailers dont realise that some people know their rights.

Same difference, take it to store.
They will know.

Damage to case, prime example.

Well no not really. Many manufactures have a "direct to manufacturer warranty" particularly with laptops and many other electrical goods.

He did say this was stated when the laptop was purchased :rolleyes: He was told that they didn't think it would be covered but gave them the detail on how to send it back :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back