Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i havent had an electric shower for years...[yep i smell bad..lol]
does anyone know which are the best selling most reliable,
which would you guys buy..?

i used to have a triton 20 yrs ago

Sponsored Links
I understand Triton to be the best brand.

Indeed I have had one for about 8 years now, still going strong. Had them before too, never had a problem in the first 5 years at least.

:D

I understand Triton to be the best brand.
rolling-on-the-floor.gif
rofl5.gif
rolling-on-the-floor.gif
rofl5.gif
rolling-on-the-floor.gif

Indeed I have had one for about 8 years now, still going strong. Had them before too, never had a problem in the first 5 years at least.
They're not the worst, but they're not the best nyver.

I'd go for Aqualisa every time. Or, if I were threatened with having my fingernails pulled out for buying Aqualisa, then second choice would be Mira.

Sponsored Links
C'mon Steve, you know I don't do sarcasm.

Seriously, though - Triton? :eek:

mira years ago lasted for ever but finding they are down to the same as most of the others. So are they worth twice the price.

Stay away from newteam/bristan . pile of pap

C'mon Steve, you know I don't do sarcasm.

Seriously, though - Triton? :eek:
I'll stick up for them. about 8 years ago we had the bathroom done out. Thats the only reason we disposed of the old Triton. Got a new one. Amber2, 9.5kw.

Great shower. :D

I had a Mira Sport 10.whatever watt electric shower, guaranteed for two years. Three months after the guarantee ran out, it died! Cos of the wiring and plumbing being opposite to what everybody else seems to have, I had to replace it with another Mira (other than having lots of hassle). I'm not totally impressed with it I have to say. It keeps switching itself off if you're in it for more than 10 minutes - which is a shock to the system when it runs cold before it goes off!!!

Before that, we had a Redring - lasted for umpteen years and it only got replaced cos we moved house!

I'm going away to do the bathroom up again and I think I'll ditch the electric shower and get a mixer.

That's a bloomin brilliant idea! Wish I'd known about that before I went and cashed out another £230 for another bloomin Mira. Could have got a cheaper shower.

But that will be very handy for my friend - her shower is on the blink and might need replacing, so I can pass that link on to her.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back