Favourite biscuit

Sponsored Links
Ah well if pictures are mandatory, I suppose I should back up my support for Golden Crunch Creams with this....

510405.gif

:LOL:

breezer said:
remeber lime jaffa cakes?

and is it a cake or a biscuit?
yep, wonder why you don't seem to be able to get them anymore ;)

Cake or biscuit? definitely biscuit, silly name :LOL:

What about Cadbury's Animals? They are well nice, and you get a picture of an animal - bonus!

Sponsored Links
I quite like those soft German Christmassy ones too.

Plain chocolate Bahlsen Choco Liebniz.

chocoleibniz.jpg

gdcom_1877_4278187

Looking for a picture, I found this great review, where the guy said finding these was like "having driven an Austin Maxi for the past 20 years and then being given an Audi A8. Bahlsen is to McVitie's as Audi is to British Leyland."

And these are fantastic:

Kinder_Pingui_ak.jpg

Sadly unavailable in the UK. Or maybe not sadly, at 441 kCal/100g...

Why do Ferrero-Kinder only sell their crap products in the UK? Maybe it's true that nobody ever lost money by underestimating the taste of the British public...

Anyway, on your next trip to l'hypermarché, look out for them. Often hard to find, as they aren't with biscuits - they contain a fresh milk based filling, have to be kept chilled and have a short-ish shelf life so they'll be somewhere in the chilled dessert section, and usually there won't be many of them.

Try them at your own risk - if you do, don't blame me if you then forever regret that they aren't available here.

breezer said:
remeber lime jaffa cakes?

and is it a cake or a biscuit?
I remember, but can't find any reference to, a court ruling. The legal argument used the distinguishing features of cakes and biscuits, which is that cakes, when left out in the air, go hard, whereas biscuits go soft.

A Jaffa Cake goes hard, therefore it's a cake.

(edit) Found the reference here.

notb665 said:
Ooh ooh. Actually I sometimes get these syrup waffles from The Netherlands. They are soooo good. Don't know if they count as a biscuit. Probably a waffle.

Stroopwafels, definitely biscuits. My favourite is another Dutch one: Speculaas, don't know the English name of the spices they put in it, but you sometimes can get them here at Lidl's. Can eat a whole tin of them at one go, well, hubby does.
And no, the spices have nothing to do with other 'Dutch' treats.

Just remembered another of my favourites - only ever seem to get them when my grandparents come back from abroad though:

1381a.jpg

Danish Butter Cookies - absolutely bl**dy gorgeous!

ninebob said:
Just remembered another of my favourites - only ever seem to get them when my grandparents come back from abroad though:

1381a.jpg

Danish Butter Cookies - absolutely bl**dy gorgeous!

yes we used to get these from the co-op at christmas and your right they are yummy!

Dad's Cookies, Ginger Nuts, any biscuit with chocolate in it, on it, or under it.
You also can't beat a Rich Tea when having a cup of tea.

I have to say I don't think you can beat a good quality rich tea dunked in a hot cup of tea - but always watch for the badly timed biccie drop off that you have to strain out of your tea!

Softus said:
The legal argument used the distinguishing features of cakes and biscuits, which is that cakes, when left out in the air, go hard,

My wife's cakes must be special then, because they go hard in the oven!

Sponsored Links
Back