Trying to buy from shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Each month, or even week, we hear about High Street chains closing down branches because sales are falling.

Well it's hardly surprising when you go to these places, pick an item they have on display and then when you go to pay for one they say they haven't got it in stock! Well why the hell are you displaying one on show?
Gist of a conversation in Curry's tonight when trying to buy a new computer.

"We would like to buy one of these please."
I'm sorry, we don't have that in stock at the moment, however, if you place an order we can have it here sometime tomorrow probably."
"Probably but not definitely?"
"Yes sir."
"We can't work with probably's, the work is time critical so we need to work to definitely's."
"I'm sorry, but we can class it as priority for you."
"Will that mean we will definitely get it tomorrow?"
"Possibly."
"Sell me the one on show, if it is in perfect working order, but with a nice discount because others will have had a play around with it."
"Sorry madam, sir we can't do that."
"Why not?"
"We just can't. We are not allowed to."
"Well shouldn't you take it off display?"
"We are not allowed to do that."
"Why, if you haven't got any surely you shouldn't have one on display?"
"We have to keep it on display in case someone comes in to buy one."
"Am I in a parallel universe since I walked through your doors? You have something on display, which you don't have a stock of, but you can't take it off display in case someone comes in to buy one?"
"Err, I think I understand what you are saying but we don't have one in stock."
"Then either sell me that one, if it is in perfect working order, with a discount for being shop soiled or remove it from display."
I can't do that sir because we don't have one and we have to keep it on display in case someone comes in for one."

It sounds like a scene from the Two Ronnies or Black Adder! But I assure you, this actually took place this evening.
Unfortunately for Curry's Amazon have just recived an order ofr a few hundred pounds with delivery guaranteed for tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
i bought a macbook for my son from currys. home delivery. paid for it online.
soon after the email arrives . sorry we are unable to deliver your order and will let you know when it’s in stock. jokers.
currys are the worst for it.

Been going on for years. I don’t mind paying retail price for something they have paid out for and kept in stock. If they’ve got to order it in, I’ll go home and order it myself for cheaper. Just recently I fitted a new vinyl laminate floor. I needed 15 packs costing a total of £1,083. Of course, it had to be ordered in. I asked for a discount, no joy. I went elsewhere, also had to be ordered in but got 16 packs for exactly £1,000. (Okay, I had two and a bit packs left over but always handy in case I have a leak or wiring problem and a section has to be taken up). I paid for it, they ordered it in and a few days later I picked it up. As we were loading it in my car, the bloke that sold it to me jokingly said "You’ve had a right good price here". I said "I know, that’s why I bought it from you and anyway, you didn’t have to lay out any money of your own, all you had to do was to make one phone call to earn your money". He laughed and said “Yeah, I suppose you’re right". I know I’m right - just depends on someone being happy to make a modest amount for making a phone call and using my money to fund that trade purchase.

I used to be on call out when I was in armature winding. A certain 'blue chip' company was one of our clients and their remit was to keep them running at whatever cost.
Loved getting a call from them to say a motor had gone down and they needed emergency service turn around. I'd take the motor details over the phone, make a call to a supplier, phone back the client and say they will have a replacement in 4 to 5 hours. They were pleased, especially as it usually turned up in about 3 hours, the supplier was pleased for the sale, the courier was pleased for the long run and I was pleased because I got 4 hours pay for 15-20 minutes chat. Customer service has certainly gone out the window during 2020 but if you give good service you get good service, and repeat sales, in return.

Sponsored Links
That's the trouble today every one expects instant service

Boiler broke down they think. U are just sitting around and instantly turn up

Tenants are the worst

Gripe whinge complain

Recent call.outs after having to. Listen to there grizzeling

Blokes wife un plugged boiler in. Kitchen for her hair dryer and forgot to. Plug it back in left housev. And went to work

Another whinger no. Heating room. Stat not turned up

Then there was the bloke who had no heating took a part off my own boiler to get him going
Did nothing but whinge

Another tenant whinger no heating gas disconnected as he had not paid his bill

Etc etc

This country has turned into a nation of whingers / complainers there not happy unless they can whinge about some thing

Fck me u can't even get out the fro t door before they start sending whinging emails :LOL:

One thing with Williams merchant
Trade only

That means no DIY bell ***s clogging up the trade counter with there ball cocks in. Hand
Kick em out

Go to b&q or were ever but stay out of trade out let's :LOL: bunch of fruit cakes

That's the trouble today every one expects instant service

Boiler broke down they think. U are just sitting around and instantly turn up

Tenants are the worst

Gripe whinge complain

Recent call.outs after having to. Listen to there grizzeling

Blokes wife un plugged boiler in. Kitchen for her hair dryer and forgot to. Plug it back in left housev. And went to work

Another whinger no. Heating room. Stat not turned up

Then there was the bloke who had no heating took a part off my own boiler to get him going
Did nothing but whinge

Another tenant whinger no heating gas disconnected as he had not paid his bill

Etc etc

This country has turned into a nation of whingers / complainers there not happy unless they can whinge about some thing

Fck me u can't even get out the fro t door before they start sending whinging emails :LOL:

So, you’re basically whinging about whingers? :rolleyes:

I needed 15 packs costing a total of £1,083. Of course, it had to be ordered in. I asked for a discount, no joy. I went elsewhere, also had to be ordered in but got 16 packs for exactly £1,000..

Any builders beware of this ******.
Always goes for the cheapest quote.

Edit*

Any builders beware of this ******.
Always goes for the cheapest quote.

Edit*
Any readers beware of this **** who cannot comprehend a post. It wasn’t a 'quote' for work. It was a fixed price for a specific product that I was collecting and fitting myself.

Went into. Wickes today 2 packs of mirror screws

At the counter bloke in front of the bloke in front of me at the payment counter asking if they have a nut like this which he was holding up does not look like u have he says

Jeez us wept

How about asking a shop floor worker you ladies willy

Any readers beware of this **** who cannot comprehend a post. It wasn’t a 'quote' for work. It was a fixed price for a specific product that I was collecting and fitting myself.

I accept the term ****.

Can you accept that your just a penny pinching tightarse?

Blimey u turn up to look at a job and they have already googled it

We can get a boiler for x amount

OK go and buy it

Down the line it go's t*ts up and there on the phone whinging

U bought it u sort it :LOL:

I accept the term ****.

Can you accept that your just a penny pinching tightarse?
By saving over £100 for just asking makes me a tightarse? Hey, I tell you what Loadsamoney, this 'tightsrse' has recently donated £100 to the fund to help those who suffered in that Beirut explosion. How about you matching it and putting up proof? Either that or STFU.

Jeez us

Bloke in the CC installs a boiler

7 months later he gets a call in the evening from a customer ranting down the phone about what a disgrace it is that his boiler has gone wrong

Installer says is boiler showing an error code

Customer says dunno I will get a torch

Installer why do u need a torch

Customer because we have a power cut

:LOL:

Probably a remoaner thick as 2 short planks

By saving around £150 for just asking makes me a tightarse? Hey, I tell you what Loadsamoney, I’ve recently donated £100 to the fund to help those who suffered in that Beirut explosion. How about you matching it and putting up proof? Either that or STFU.

You did an ok job on your floor, i personally would of spent a couple hundred on electric underfloor heating to keep your precious soul warm from the foot up after a hard day.

Good on you for donating money to something that was reported to have happened.

Mottie, no loadsamoney here.

But if i were paid cash for all of my useless s..t, id be worth more then amazon and bill gates. That is not a lie either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back