PC world

B

Bodd

I don't know how long this business can last.

I tried to buy a lap top today they had on display.
No sir we don't have that one​
Ok Ill have that one
Sorry sir​
That one then please.
Nope.
He even offered to see if Argos had the first one.

Last year I wanted a Vax they had on offer.
Sorry sir we have none in stock but you can go to our online store and order it.
But I can get it cheaper else where on line..​
Thats up to you sir..

I don't get it
They are just like a display store for other companies.

Sponsored Links
True mate. Few years ago I tried to buy a basic White Knight tumble dryer from Currys when my old one went kaput....you can guess the rest.

been like it for years and years , I have often seen items and not in stock and they never sell the display model. That was back in 1991 when i first moved to an area and wanted new white goods
I stopped going to currys also years ago, often Johnlewis have items of a similar value / better quality and a longer warranty

Sponsored Links
been like it for years and years , I have often seen items and not in stock and they never sell the display model. That was back in 1991 when i first moved to an area and wanted new white goods
I stopped going to currys also years ago, often Johnlewis have items of a similar value / better quality and a longer warranty

The Laptop I want is £50 more expensive at John Lewis.... I said to Mrs Bod that maybe they have the item on display to look as if they are cheaper than their rivals just to pull people in.

A bit like a loss leader

I tried to spend a "mere" £1600 on a mtb a couple of months ago.
Not being silly-fussy (lazy actually, internet shopping), I saw one in Decathlon, and tried to buy it (or at least order it).

Spoke to the girl in the Tamworth branch: she said they had 50 of them (in my size) in the warehouse (I did ask if the warehouse was somewhere in deepest France, being cynical!)
I asked if they could order me one in. No; they ordered them for the shop, and sold them that way.
Could they do that then, but when one came in, wrap it in tape with Brigadier written all over it, which I could then buy? No; we don't do that.
Not even with a deposit? No. Just keep 'phoning in, and try to get lucky.

I bought a Ridley instead, from a local independent who actually gave a toss.

I finally Googled MTB and now it all makes sense. To me MTB was motor torp boat. Doh!!!

Sponsored Links
Back