Favourite Christmas Present You Had When Young

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mine:

Action Man armoured car. It was so tough and sturdy (and this was the early 70's.......compare that to British Leyland) I used to sit on it and scoot it down the middle of our street (we lived on a hill).

Sponsored Links
A knackered Mobylette moped when I was 8.....got it running though!
I think it was actually more reliable than a British Leyland product :eek:
John :)

blimey

I had an action man for christmas £1. 13 shillings it cost my mum, came with a rubber dinghy kit as well :)

After owning a Mini 1000, two Marinas and an All-aggro in my youth I have no doubt that your Mobylette was a magnificent piece of engineering compared to Leylands (nailed together by muppets).

A knackered Mobylette moped when I was 8.....got it running though!
I think it was actually more reliable than a British Leyland product :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
blimey

I had an action man for christmas £1. 13 shillings it cost my mum, came with a rubber dinghy kit as well :)

A kid at my junior school had an auntie who worked at the Action Man factory in Coalville, Leics. Palitoy was the name of the firm.

She got him one of everything that came out. He had the Scorpion Tank, armoured car, all the uniforms (I saved my birthday money and bought the German Stormtrooper and French Foreign Legion uniforms......you could buy them separate from the actual doll). This kid even had the German staff car which was more expensive than the tank and super rare. If he's still got it it's worth a mint.

Lol my nan said she had an orange, a coconut and a small wax paper packet of dates, all in a stocking, and that was it.

There must be a 70s kid out there who had the Captain Blue car with the periscope (out of the Captain Scarlet programme). Now that really was a cool toy. I wasn't lucky enough to get that but my neighbour had one.

This doll. I hated normal dolls but this one I loved. .
Still had it until about 10 years ago and flogged it on ebay and got a fair bit :)

upload_2016-12-21_21-59-43.jpeg

I had one of these, I also had a toy which consisted of a half of the moon which was fixed by a plastic bracket on top of a door, into which you had to try and fire a rocket. Cant for the life of me remember what it was called.

I bought my fella a magic robot a couple of years ago for old times sake, it was one of his fav toys too.

Sponsored Links
Back