Feather edge - concrete posts or timber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need approx 10m of fencing and I like featheredge, but want it to last, so am considering concrete posts instead of timber. These would sit behind the featheredge "face" so not the slot in panels but a continuous run of feather edge. In theory it looks the same from the nice side.

Tis there any reason to avoid concrete posts ? Gravel boards would be timber. Fence chap said they don't normally top cap but may be able to with the concrete posts.

Hanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Concrete posts and gravel boards with featheredge panels, like below.

1693500858029.png

Andy

No, concrete post behind the featheredge, so from the front face it looks like a featheredge fence not a slot in panel fence..

You can use masonry paint on concrete posts and gravelboards. Depending on the colour of your fence stain, this can make them blend in.

I use "bitter chocolate" paint and "dark oak" stain

It is easier if you paint them before assembly.

View media item 975

Sponsored Links
Concrete 'Soldiers' with 100x100mm wooden posts to fence hight, 50mms ground clearance. 3 cant rails at 300/400mms up from ground, 50mms down and midway.
I like a cap rail on the feather edge.

Thanks.

So it sounds like no reason to avoid concrete posts the . I won't see em anyway, the neighbour will (not really, his garden-wide shed hides them).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back