Feather edge fence panel woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after a bit of advice or opinions please. Have a shared fence, its all cheap ready made fence panels, feather edge with thin cross members. Not at all strong.

Anyway, neighbour has a budding footballer who obviously wants to be the next Harry Kane and kicks the ball against all fence panels. This has resulted in some slats breaking free from the holding nails.

I really dont want to have words with neighbour as she has told him to stop after the last panel was smashed completely so was wondering if just strengthening may work. They are nice neighbours and he is a kid, just doing kid things.

What i am considering is just screwing each slat next to the existing nails on my side (we have the nice side). Screws could only be 25 to 40 mm as the fence is really flimsy. If i go for longer screws then he would have lots of burst footballs if he doesnt improve his aim lol.

Any opinions/advice?

Sponsored Links
That should work or just replace that panel and buy him a net for Christmas. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back