Fein Multimaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I recently bought the Fein Multimaster. I was very dissapointed. The blades only do a good job when they are sharp. This seems to last about two minutes and then they are more likely to screw the job up than anything else. I spoke to my supplier and he cheerfully said "Oh yeah, a lot of customers bring in twenty or more blades at a time for sharpening" At £8.50 a sharpen? Before or after they have messed the job up? :evil: Anyone else been less than pleased with this tool? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Afraid the whole range of these multi tools whatever the brand suffer the same poor blade quality.

Get decent blades and the tool is brilliant. Most of Fein's blades are only carbon steel so anything more than softwood knackers them. WSE blades are bimetal and cut through the occasional nail if you come across one.
I've tried Smart ones, Imperial and 2 others but the cheap ones are diy only and fine for one job but if you want them to last get the professional ones.

I used the bi-metal blade and it lost all it's teeth just to cut two nails off .
So whats a professional blade?

Sponsored Links
Get decent blades and the tool is brilliant. Most of Fein's blades are only carbon steel so anything more than softwood knackers them. WSE blades are bimetal and cut through the occasional nail if you come across one.
I've tried Smart ones, Imperial and 2 others but the cheap ones are diy only and fine for one job but if you want them to last get the professional ones.

I have only used the Fein branded blades that came with the machine. Are the other makes you mention of a different quality? Details of a UK supplier would be much appreciated.

Where did you get your bi-metal blade? Some that I've seen are too coarse when they hit nails. I've lost a tooth from one of my Japanese style blades but I needed to cut skirting away from render so it was a risk to get it done.

the secret to making your blades last longer is to stage your cutting
new blade for the clean part off the cut
so if your cutting skirting that's 15mm thick you cut the first 14mm with a new blade then the last bit use an old blade

the secret to making your blades last longer is to stage your cutting
new blade for the clean part off the cut
so if your cutting skirting that's 15mm thick you cut the first 14mm with a new blade then the last bit use an old blade
It wasn't an old blade but I agree 100% with you.
I have bought the WSE blades from HMF in Amersham, my mate gets the same ones from Bedford Saw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back