Fence height

Sponsored Links
Your warning is true... for bamboos that don't belong to the clump-forming group. My original suggestion was
Just make sure you get the right species - some grow in clumps others spread like anything.

I agree DO NOT DO NOT introduce a spreading bamboo. you WILL regret it, but the clump forming varieties are fine and will grow to around 5m in a few years - here's a link to a US site which informs http://bamboogarden.com/Hardy clumping.htm

I don't know about bamboo, but I used to live in a house with a patch, about 6 ft diameter, been there at least thirty years, I suppose you'd call it a clump. It didn't spread. Was in a lawn so shoots would have got mowed off.

Sponsored Links
What palavar.

Just change it to a higher fence, (keep the old one if any one complains).

My fences were old and broken, 7 small panels, chest height, in 2012 i pulled it all down and installed higher panels with gravel boards upto head height, neighbour did'nt say anything, not too friendly wth them, to this day they still stand.

My deeds say only low fencing is permitted, who cares.

Forgot to say since then i have had a dormer and an extension added with visits by BCO and planning, nothing happened.

WARNING: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INTRODUCE BAMBOO ONTO YOUR PROPERTY.

YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE.
I'd be lost without my bamboo clump - I'd then have nothing to harvest for bean poles. I'm glad we got rid of the spreading bamboo - it was a hell of a job to get rid of!

What palavar.

My fences were old and broken, 7 small panels, chest height, in 2012 i pulled it all down and installed higher panels with gravel boards upto head height, neighbour did'nt say anything, not too friendly with them, to this day they still stand.
The neighbours ?;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back