fence of many colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garden fence is one of many shades of brown. Don't know how it has happened.. probably a mixture of sunlight, dampness, algae etc. I'm looking for suggestions on how to achieve a unified colour. Is it best to get a darker shade of stain and go over the whole lot with it? The thing is I prefer lighter shades to dark, but don't think they will worker over what looks lark dark brown creosote. I am also not keen on those outdoor paints, as they cost a fortune and don't brush on easily. My fence is pretty long. I sometimes think the many shades of brown look ok, but the fence needs protecting. Is there such a thing as a clear wood preserver? Failing that, can anyone recommend any quick growing plants that I could grow up the fence... preferably not the type that would pull the fence down. My neighbour has had his fence pulled about by ivy!

any views would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
dont know its proper name but "mile a minute" grows fast (we have it, it dies in winter but it comes back with a vegance the folowing year.

it will need a couple of horizontal wires to grow on though

breezer said:
dont know its proper name but "mile a minute" grows fast (we have it, it dies in winter but it comes back with a vegance the folowing year.

it will need a couple of horizontal wires to grow on though
I think it's called Russian Vine, uncontrollable on my pergola, took it down in the end :!:

Sponsored Links
thats the stuff, :) russian vine, you do have to keep trimming it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back