Fence panel broken. How to fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
72257FF3-F09F-495E-A890-627BAD7FD8E0.jpeg
Hi,
Purchased few fence panels just over a year ago and treated them to cuprinol.

Noticed that few of the panels have their featherboard loose. Please could someone advice what i need to do to fix these.Looks like the nails holding the slats have either rusted or become loose due to the panel shrinking.

Do i use screws or nail gun with brad nails and what size. I spent quite a lot of money and did not expect this so soon.

Sponsored Links
they wont have rusted in a year
what thickness are the timbers ??
i would get 25/30mm by 3.5mm turbo gold 2mm pilot assuming thats less than the full plank and strut thickness
iff its around the edge frame then go for 40mm
just make sure you position the bits correctly before drilling [possibly lifting to cover newly exposed surfaces]as that wont be easy once screwed

Thanks Big-all.
The slats have become loose from the cental rail,which looks like a thin vertical length roughly around 7-8mm thick.

The slats are around the same thickness.wondering what caused the slats to come loose. The fence panel are rigid,and do not move between the concrete slots posts.

you can get 12 or 16mm screws so perhaps 16mm but would always go into the verticals as it keeps it standard
would expect the planks to be perhaps 5mm thinner unusual to be the same thickness

Sponsored Links
If you secure them now, won't they split when the damp weather comes?

Fence panels tend to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back