Fence project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I aim to construct a fence with 1ft gravelboard, 6ft lap fence panel & 2ft of trellis on top. I cant seem to find any posts that will be high enough. I've looked on google but still no luck. Theres a property near me that has done this which backs onto a car park and the posts appear to be metal/alluminium. Any ideas on where to obtain high posts from?

Sponsored Links
Yes maybe! HMP Pentonville. lol Well my neighbours is approx 8ft. Between us we need to deter the burglary activity in our area, as their targeting the area.

I've never seen posts to support the trellis as well, only the gravel boards and fence panels. Maybe I'm wrong,
That's seven foot post, above ground, required, isn't it? Won't a 10 foot post be sufficient?

Sponsored Links
yep you are wrong, they do posts that will accomodate this. are you after timber or concrete. You wont find stuff that length in most builders merchants or diy sheds. speak to a proper fencing supplier. Most stock concrete posts up to 10 feet but can get higher and many will do much longer timber posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back