FENSA Certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had French Doors installed last January by a FENSA regsitered installer.

He gave us our invoice/guarantee.

We are now at the beginning of the process of selling our house and solicitors have said to make sure we enclose the FENSA Certificate for the doors. We do not have one.

I have called my installer and was told I would get a call back and I am still waiting. Will call again.

I have spoken to my solicitor and she gave me a number for FENSA to ask them if a certificate was issued. but it is an automated system that tells me to write in.

I do not want to hold the house sale up. Is there anything I can do? Or what should I be doing

All help greatly appreciated.

Louise

Sponsored Links
You can look on the Fensa website - fensa.co.uk - and type in your address. This will at least tell you whether or not any certificate was issued for the work you had done.

If the certificate was issued, but you never received it, you can get a replacement for ten pounds.

If no certificate was issued, then I guess this means the company did not register the work you had done. If that's the case, then it's unlikely the solicitor will agree to the sale straight away, and probably demand that the local building authority inspect it or something. If that's the case, I would get back on to the company that did the work ASAP

Good luck.

If you can't get the Fensa certificate you will have to contact building control at your local council. Somebody will come out and if everything is all right will issue a certificate. Cost about £50.

or you could get your Self Certification Certificate from BSI or Certass as they are both fully licenced to provide this.

Sponsored Links
i dont suppose the OP is worried now, since the question was posted 7 months ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back