Ferm rotary hammer FBH-620

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferm rotary hammer FBH-620 which I’m finding impossible to get the bit into. The manual says you simply insert the bit and then twist it until it locks. Doesn’t work for me as the motor just turns without it locking. Just to say the bit is not bent or damaged in any way.

Has anyone else ever had the same problem and knows how to get around it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

Sponsored Links
Is it not the conventional SDS system, where the chuck collar is pulled back to allow the drill fully into the chuck?
John :)

Is it not the conventional SDS system, where the chuck collar is pulled back to allow the drill fully into the chuck?

Hi John,

It should be although it doesn’t seem to work in this care. I have tried pulling back the sleeve, putting the bit in and releasing the sleeve. Even tried this and twisting the bit before releasing the sleeve, none of which works.

Cheers,

Robert

Has the drill ever worked correctly? The SDS splines can only lock in two positions, and on my Hilti it takes a couple of goes usually.
Make sure the collar is pulled right back, and a good blast of WD40 can help!

Sponsored Links
Has the drill ever worked correctly? The SDS splines can only lock in two positions, and on my Hilti it takes a couple of goes usually.
Make sure the collar is pulled right back, and a good blast of WD40 can help!

Yeah, it worked fine the last time I used it which was about ten years ago. Since then its been in its box. I’ll try again and as you say I’ll give it some WD40.

Thanks,

Robert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back