Fernox DS 3?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer of ours has just called to see if the fernox ds 3 lime scale remover is any good, its not something we're familiar with.

He explanes that the water hardness in there area has recently been improved, and he has changed the HW tank.

The taps pressure are not what they were, he says "before i replace any pipe work, is this' stuff any good"

Has anyone any comments? or suggestions?

Many thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
I've only used it on plate HE's. Been very good at cleaning them though.

Never seen pipes so scaled up that they restrict the flow; more likely that residue from the cylinder has blocked a pipe

We use DS3 to clean Ideal Super Concord Modular boilers, it's a pretty strong acid solution, i think the biggest problem would be flushing it out of the system after using it, you really wouldn't want to take a bath in the stuff!, I would sugest removing about half a metre of pipe from the cylinder outlet and checking here for scale, down here in east Anglia thats where the scale in open vented cylinder can block pipes ;)

Sponsored Links
DS3 is not very soluble and has little effect on limescale in a sensible timescale unless its at about 70-80°C.

Thats OK for boilers when the parts can be heated up.

If you want it to work when its cold then just HCl is far better as it works well at room temperatures in a solution at about 5-8%.

Tony

I always use/mix mine in boiling water from a kettle.

Not sure I want to have the next cup of tea made using your kettle!

I am surprised you look so healthy!

Tony

I hope you mis-read that Tony :eek:

I said 'boiling water from a kettle', not add the DS3 to the boiling water in the kettle :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back