ferroli modena 80E pressure problem

Are we to presume then Kev, that you don't have enough brain cells to smoke a pipe and remember what happened 18 mths ago!

presume all you like makes no odds to me

however i would suggest starting a new thread

if you bother to read the rules hijacking is frowned upon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So ok i hope some body reads this message soon. I moved into this apartment few years ago and the plumping is terrible. So ok i have a modena 102 boiler seems ok when we moved in the pressure was mega hight around 3.5 bar when idle and we got a plumper to look at it. So then it went down to normal and i read up thats it normal they they need a top up in pressure so i played around and found the valve to turn to put in some pressur, well when i turned it the plastic turny thing fell of and broke. it was already broke and i didnt realise and freaked out as i watched the pressure go up and up and off the scale and now of course its completely clogged with water i was able to turn off the mains since i couldnt get the valve closed quickly enough and was able to use pliars to get it off. Whats the way you would go about relieving the pressure?

Ok so i was able to get the valve closed all properly now and the mains is on again looks all ok i let the hot water run and the boiler gave a red light i let it run for a bit and it started like choking and then i reset it a few times and its fine again but the pressure stays at 2 and doesnt really move oh wait it does now. It stays around 2 bar not quite sure if thats ok or not. And does that mean i need to bleed all my radiators then tomorrow morning?

When the pressure was crazy it seemed to be able to drain off alot of water into a seperate pipe maybe its quite clever and there is maybe just lots of water in my radiators now.

So happy in a way although it was a scary experience dealing with this, i learnt how my boiler works lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back