Ferroli Optimax plus 31 C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have moved to a new flat fitted with one of these boilers, it's brand new and I have been trying to work out how it works for 3 weeks! In frustration I have turned it off and I'm now having trouble turning it back on again. I'm cold have no hot water and am totally fed up!
In anticipation, Jill.

Sponsored Links
you will probably find some error codes dont tally to the MIs.actaully the MIs are a bit like the boiler. crap!. usually filling loops dont work, divertors stick. check your system pressure. and top up underneath the boiler using the two black nobs. if they dont work or leak. it wouldnt be unusual. id also get the internal programmer removed and get a decent external one fitted. as the internal one can be a right pita.

Sponsored Links
yes but have you the correct pressure. e.g 1.5 bar. other wise you would be filling the boiler for no apparent reason. the pressure gauge is underneath the boiler to the right.

The pressure is 1.1, but nothing happens when I turn the knobs, think I will have to consult the guy who sold me the house as he had it fitted and I'm the only one who has used it.

The pressure is 1.1, but nothing happens when I turn the knobs

sounds about right :rolleyes: id get on to ferolli. thats if you can get hold of them.

Oh dear! How can the pipes not fill? I will certainly be in touch with them and make sure they sort it!

I have checked my combi boiler today and it's flashing A1, can anyone help out with that please? Meanwhile I'm waiting for the seller of the house to get back to me.

crockett kindly gave you a link to the MIs. if you read that it will tell you, your answer.

Jilly, this doesn't sound like a Ferolli problem (although they are a little prone to faults - it's what happens at the more economical end of the market...).

The "two black knobs" are your "fill-up valves" and are usually part of a "loop" of pipework which control the flow of mains water into your boiler on the occasional times when the boiler system has had a leak, or requires light flushing, and the pressure (as you should see very quickly on the gauge) requires "topping-up".

When the boiler is back in normal operation, these valves should usually be shut (the handles at right angles to the pipe direction) but that may depend on exactly how the system has been configured.

Beware of opening and closing these valves if you are not certain of what you are doing - your boiler's system pressure setting (find in the Maker's Instructions) will be between 1.1 and 1.5 bar approx whilst your mains pressure can vary, according to area, from 1.5 to perhaps 6 or even 8 bar - this kind of pressure your boiler does not want to see !!

At least, not unless a PRV (Pressure Reducing Valve) has been fitted. This is used to regulate the mains water pressure. Set it to 2.5 - 3.5 bar and your boiler and everything else in your house (taps, cisterns, showers etc) will run just that little bit quieter - and last about six times longer !!

Your best bet just now is to get hold of the former owner and get him to show you how the plumbing works before you start spending money in an endless murky pool!

Hope it's something simple :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back