Ferroli Optimax plus 31 C

Sponsored Links
You can read the instructions until you are 'blue in the face' and it may not help!
I had one of these boilers fitted when builders made me a new kitchen extension, the plumber was 'subbed' in and handed me the instructions as he left saying that he 'didn't like Ferroli' and to talk to the builders about how to use it!
After months of tripping (mostly on 'A3' fault code), both plumber and builder ignoring all pleas for help (once they have your money, why would they return?!?!?), I figured out a way to keep the trips to a minimum... never run the bath or shower if the central heating is on!
I would strongly recommend that you do not call Ferroli UK... a premium cost line and kept on hold/waiting for what seems an age (a clever way of earning extra cash?!!!). Eventually an operator declares that my boiler is out of warranty because they haven't received the installation paperwork within a month of fitting, so they cannot help. She wasn't interested in who the plumber or builder was either, but was very keen to send a plumber round at a crazy cost, and any work would be at a crazy cost per hour with no guarantee of fixing the problem. She wouldn't allow me to speak to a supervisor so that was it!!!
I've contacted several gas safe engineers/plumbers and two have said they are not interested in trying to fix a Ferroli boiler (but would be happy to quote to replace it!). 3 have had a look/play and not fixed the issue and now I've almost had enough... maybe I should just get it replaced again!?!?
Any gas safe engineers/plumbers with a genuine knowledge and ablility to repair/fix the Ferolli Optimax HE Plus 31C is welcome to contact me through the forum (I may still have a job for you!!)
Sensible suggestions appreciated!
:(

Just follow the instructions as suggested in this thread and be patient. The process may be so slow that people think it isn't occurring, but i, most likely is. It may take up to 5 min for the hand on the pressure gauge to move by one line. Hope it helps.

After the hot water decided to stop working totally (no fault codes at all to help) and the fourth plumber replaced the inlet/flow switch and spend hours tinkering, I simply called a fifth plumber..... No5 said the same, "These are cheap and nasty boilers", that he has "only ever fitted when a customer has required the cheapest job, when they are selling their house, etc".
I instructed No5 to replace Ferroli with his (and the previous plumbers') recommended Worcester boiler... I've uninterrupted hot water and central heating for a week now.... the first time for 4 years - Bliss!!! £1400 down in my bank account, but worth every penny to get rid of poor quality Ferroli!
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I had the A1 sometimes A6 code popping up and the boiler cutting out. It was driving me nuts. It's a Ferolli HE Optimax 31C. The re-set sometimes worked but eventually couldn't restart it. It was making bubbling noise for 30 sec like it's full of air and didn't start A1 was flashing. The top sometimes made a growling noise. When once in a while after being switched off for a day it came on worked for an hour with Luke warm water and A1 appeared again.
If you have this problem the condense line is blocked up. The engineer removed the top part where the fan is and opened the burner bit and then poured some hot water down from a kettle to clear the main black rubber pipe which was blocked. Put it all back together it's now works fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back