ferrule crimper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to buy a ferrule crimper for 16mm, but preferably one that does

25 mm as well and 10mm would be a bonus..

Any ideas, preferably under £60 if poss.

Bas, I read you got one recently, any ideas.

Sponsored Links
There are sometimes a few roaming about outside my house. I'll try and round one up for you.

Sponsored Links
Need to buy a ferrule crimper for 16mm, but preferably one that does

25 mm as well and 10mm would be a bonus...
Do you know what profile you need?

AFAIK, with bootlace ferrules it's not just a case of squashing something securely onto the end of the cable - there are specific cross-sectional shapes - rectangular, square, round, half round, figure-of-8, hexagonal...

The one I got does this shape:

showimg.aspx

I've used a few different ferrule crimpers with different profiles though have never thought of the reasoning for the differing profiles. Still, they're all the same profile once they've been terminated into isolators, din rail terminals etc - flat on two sides!

Weidmuller PZ6.

These are the ultimate for smaller sizes (0.25 to 6mm in one jaw size, no having to aim for the right hole)
I just bought an unbranded pair which do 6, 10 and 16mm from Beal (workshop supplies) which are remarkably good and cost just £14.50.

http://www.beal.org.uk/

Unfortunately they don't have an online catalogue.

These are what we use, for the smaller sizes, and same crimp pattern, but we need to cut two cables back and fit two new ferrules, we are unsure if it is 16mm or 25mm at the moment.

I have the same ferules as shown, in 16mm and 25mm and are ok for this job,but not got the tool.

showimg.aspx

This is like the one what I want, I have one that does up to 6 mm,

I may have to get one of these, but will mean I dont have one that does 10mm, though I am not likely to ever need that size.

HNKE7_FULLSIZE.jpg

The ones I was finding were about £140

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back