Festool exoskeleton

Sponsored Links
5kg of support?

From their website

"The ExoActive provides each underarm with an added boost of up to 50 N – equal to approx. 5 kg. By way of comparison, the PLANEX LHS 2 225 EQI long-reach sander weighs 4.7 kg, so it feels almost as light as a feather."

It is not intended to bestow the wearer with superhuman powers, rather to reduce fatigue.

I believe that Milwaukee have something similar but that is not battery powered.

Sponsored Links
I am a skinny decorator. When using sanders over head, I do find it tiring.

Personally, I have no intention of buying their exoskeleton, especially at £3k.
Everybody gets tired of doing certain jobs.
That's why young lads are employed as labourers...
Just a suggestion.

Everybody gets tired of doing certain jobs.
That's why young lads are employed as labourers...
Just a suggestion.

Therein lies the problem. Using sanders is not, as one might think, a task suitable for a basic labourer.

Over the years, I have only entrusted a handful of "helpers" with my sanders, and only certain sanders.

Therein lies the problem. Using sanders is not, as one might think, a task suitable for a basic labourer.

Over the years, I have only entrusted a handful of "helpers" with my sanders, and only certain sanders.
I make them use their hands.
Less chance of messing it up.

That's their problem.

It becomes my problem though.

I charge on the basis that I generate very little dust when decorating.

I have thousands of pounds worth of Festool sanders that are connected to dust extractors. Spindles aside, even my hand sanders are the Mirka sanders that plug in to my dust extractors.

It becomes my problem though.

I charge on the basis that I generate very little dust when decorating.

I have thousands of pounds worth of Festool sanders that are connected to dust extractors. Spindles aside, even my hand sanders are the Mirka sanders that plug in to my dust extractors.
How much do you sand the walls???
I just sand them to have a key for the paint to grip on, nothing major.

With new plaster, I sand them using 80g paper on my 150mm Rotex. It helps me to eliminate any highspots or snots.

The extent of sanding depends on the quality of the plastering.

Ideally, a medium sized room will take about 2-3 hours to sand the walls (excluding any filling).

With new plaster, I sand them using 80g paper on my 150mm Rotex. It helps me to eliminate any highspots or snots.

The extent of sanding depends on the quality of the plastering.

Ideally, a medium sized room will take about 2-3 hours to sand the walls (excluding any filling).
You need to find a better plasterer.
3 hours to sand new plastered walls in one room???
Filling???

You need to find a better plasterer.
3 hours to sand new plastered walls in one room???
Filling???

I don't always get a say in who does the plastering.

I recently had to wallpaper a room that had just been plastered. It took me more than half a day to sand the walls to get them up to a wallpapering standard. The plastering on that job was shockingly bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back