Festool exoskeleton

I don't always get a say in who does the plastering.

I recently had to wallpaper a room that had just been plastered. It took me more than half a day to sand the walls to get them up to a wallpapering standard. The plastering on that job was shockingly bad.
Walking away is always an option I consider.

Sponsored Links
Everybody gets tired of doing certain jobs.
That's why young lads are employed as labourers...
Ever installed an oak lath ceiling in somewhere like a library? The weights of the individual panel sections (or sometimes just laths) isn't too bad at first, but after a few hours at it it starts to get quite painful. That's an example of a skilled job you aren't going to give to an apprentice, labourer or any form of muppet. There are lots of jobs I've done which are like that where some extra mechanical assistance would have been great

The number of people I've met in the construction industry who gave back, shoulder, wrist, neck or knee problems by the time they get into their fifties is many. The number of 20-odd and 30-odd year old lads who think it isn't going to happen to them is similarly very high. Seems to me that there really is a need for technology such as this

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Ever installed an oak lath ceiling in somewhere like a library? The weights of the individual panel sections (or sometimes just laths) isn't too bad at first, but after a few hours at it it starts to get quite painful. That's an example of a skilled job you aren't going to give to an apprentice, labourer or any form of muppet. There are lots of jobs I've done which are like that where some extra mechanical assistance would have been great

The number of people I've met in the construction industry who gave back, shoulder, wrist, neck or knee problems by the time they get into their fifties is many. The number of 20-odd and 30-odd year old lads who think it isn't going to happen to them us similarly very high. Seems to me that there really is a need for technology such as this
I'm one of them with a broken back, so you're preaching to the converted...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back