Fibre Washers

J

Johnmelad502

I have, over the years come across a number of red fibre washers that have disintegrated in situ. Recently one was so badly disintegrated it caused a leak at an isolation valve causing serious damage to a ceiling.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If so is there anything that can be done to reduce the deterioration?[/img]

Sponsored Links
I have, over the years come across a number of red fibre washers that have disintegrated in situ. Recently one was so badly disintegrated it caused a leak at an isolation valve causing serious damage to a ceiling.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If so is there anything that can be done to reduce the deterioration?[/img]

Er, don't put any water in the system :LOL:

The usuall cause of damage to fibre washers is over tightening of the compression joint, the two opposing parts being forced together.

The usuall cause of damage to fibre washers is over tightening of the compression joint, the two opposing parts being forced together.

Am always replacing fibre washers damaged by someone over-tightening, these aren't damaged they are rotting/disintegrating.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back