Tap Connector Fibre Washer - What Size ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen sink pillar tap has a pinhole in the main body so I want to replace it, I would like to confirm the size of the fibre washer. I think it is 1/2" for kitchen and basin taps, 3/4" for bath taps, am I correct?
I want to get new fibre washers in case the old one is damaged, I belive it should be replaced every time so will have to get some before I try to tackle the job.

Sponsored Links
Without wishing to sound crass- it depends on what tap you have.

The taps are Mercia OT HN Kitchen Tap Lever 1/2" (OT could be QT).
I have the yorkshire tap connector that solders to a 15mm pipe but the fibre washer is missing, I wanted to know what to order for spare fibre washers only, I enquired about some 1/2" fibre washers on eBay but seller said not suitable for plumbing (he was selling CH parts). If I could get out I would take fitting to hardware store to get one that fits but as snowed in in a rural area and not being able to get to bus stop due to arthritis I was looking to get some by mail order but don't want to order wrong type.

sadly the 1/2" ones come in two different sizes and its not until you undo it you can find out which one it is

Sponsored Links
A bit of hemp will do it just as well IF you can get at the connector to wind it round :idea: That`s what was done before the fibre washers

Get yerself a tube of Fernox LSX sealer.

There's nothing on this earth that can't be sealed with a squeeze of old faithful LSX. Don't leave home without it! Take it from me, I'm a pro!! ;)

Yes, thats another benefit. You can stick things with it too!

Is there nothing LSX can't do? ;)

I don't mind buying both types if I know what to get size and type. Not much fun living out of bottles and buckets of water as I have to keep water turned off just turning on each night to top up supplies, dare not leave on with just tape on leak in case it gets worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back