Fibreglass Roof Leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the past 2 months there has been water leaking into the corner of my front bay window through a bracket installed for blinds, the bay window is covered by a pre-made fibre glass flat roof. The slow dripping gets worse when it rains then slows down and eventually stops about 2 days after it stops raining.

I have had 2 roofers look at the roof and only one mentioned the crack but didn’t seem to think it was the source of the leak. They have suggested the flashing but that has been sealed but the roof is still leaking.

QUESTION: Do you think the crack shown is large/major enough for water to penetrate the fibre glass and drip down into my bay window?

I poured around 3 litres of water onto the crack today to see if I could get it to leak but so far nothing. But I’m not sure how much water it may need. The roof was installed factory made I believe by Barratts in 2016. There is no pooling and water runs off it fine.

Attachments

• Crack.jpg
    Crack.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 346
  • Front bay win.JPG
    Front bay win.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 340
  • Left_side_leak_3 1.jpg
    Left_side_leak_3 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Roof_top.jpg
    Roof_top.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 348
Sponsored Links
the GRP crack can easily be repaired but first climb on the roof and lift the lead flashing - post pics of whats under it.
for instance: There should be a small expansion gap between the roof boards and the wall.

just noticed that the lead cover flashing over your porch also has very high cover?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back