1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fibreglass Roof Leak?

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by John Nicholson, 25 Mar 2020.

1. John Nicholson

John Nicholson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For the past 2 months there has been water leaking into the corner of my front bay window through a bracket installed for blinds, the bay window is covered by a pre-made fibre glass flat roof. The slow dripping gets worse when it rains then slows down and eventually stops about 2 days after it stops raining.

I have had 2 roofers look at the roof and only one mentioned the crack but didn’t seem to think it was the source of the leak. They have suggested the flashing but that has been sealed but the roof is still leaking.

QUESTION: Do you think the crack shown is large/major enough for water to penetrate the fibre glass and drip down into my bay window?

I poured around 3 litres of water onto the crack today to see if I could get it to leak but so far nothing. But I’m not sure how much water it may need. The roof was installed factory made I believe by Barratts in 2016. There is no pooling and water runs off it fine.

Attached Files:

2. catlad

catlad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Suspiciously large flashing!

3. bobasd

bobasd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    the GRP crack can easily be repaired but first climb on the roof and lift the lead flashing - post pics of whats under it.
    for instance: There should be a small expansion gap between the roof boards and the wall.

just noticed that the lead cover flashing over your porch also has very high cover?

Sponsored Links