Fiesta mk6 1.4 odd noise!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
icon1.png
Fiesta MK6 odd sound?!

Hi guys, having a bit of a nightmare here and just came here to see if any of you guys could help me out..

I have a Ford Fiesta 2004 Flame 1.4, I brought it 14 months ago from a garage, everything was good until a couple weeks after I heard this strange noise (link to be posted underneath). It only happens once car is warmed up, it has no pattern at all and goes when the engine is revved over 2K, it seems to be less of a problem in cold weather, it doesn't get much faster. The garage said it could be the cambelt ect, so with it needing to be done anyway I had it done about a year ago, and to my surprise the noise returned the same day, I have had this noise since I've owned the car and it has not caused any problems but I'm looking to sell it soon and people ask me what the noise is and I can't answer, I'm not losing coolant and temps are all ok. Car generally seems fine

The guys who done the cambelt said that it could be just harmful rubbing?!

LINK TO VIDEO ❗

http://www.lastopia.co.uk/1.MOV

Sponsored Links
Remove the fan belt ( now called auxiliary belt I think) If the noise stops that narrows it down to the alternator ,PAS pump,Air Con pump if fitted or water pump ( if not driven by cam belt on these, I can't remember

I put a long screw driver down and had a listen, seems to be the auxiliary itself. Thanks for the reply

Sounds like you have a dog in there. It sounds like the auxiliary belt rubbing on something, it could be that the tensioner/idler is failing.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back