Fiiting 3 LV Hal.Lamps instead of one 240v light How?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive bought 3 diecast 12v lamp fittings with 3 35x bulbs giving a total of 105w. I have a junction box and a suitable transformer. I have two cables sticking out of the ceiling where the 240v lamp was - I know which is the supply cable and which is the switch cable. I have 1.5mm sq twin core and earth.

Im I right in thinking that the transformer gets wired into the supply cable then into the junction box and the lamps are wired in loop-in style to the junction box? Im after a bit of advice.

Also do all the earths get wired outside the jct box into a chocolate box connector?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No! Your junction box is on the mains side. The switched feed goes into the transformer.

Im I right in thinking that the transformer gets wired into the supply cable then into the junction box and the lamps are wired in loop-in style to the junction box? Im after a bit of advice
As said NO.

Also do all the earths get wired outside the jct box into a chocolate box connector? Thanks
No again, if you will use 4 connections JB you will have enough room for the earth (do not forget to insulate the earth wires).
Make sure that all earth wires are connected together, but if the fittings are double insulated do not! connect them to the earth connection in the JB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back