Fill gap in stone wall at door lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to fill a large gap around a door lining and a stone wall. It varies in width from top to bottom and was going to plasterboard it after

IMG_0423.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yer have been doing that already to reduce the gap. Might need to keep on going

You can shape the stones with a grinder to how you want them. Then you can have a straight line at the edge.

Sponsored Links
I would shutter that up and fill with concrete. Put some big screws through the lining to set in place.

Hi, I need to fill a large gap around a door lining and a stone wall. It varies in width from top to bottom and was going to plasterboard it after

View attachment 315983
We tend to make our knock-outs a few inches wider, when belting out openings into masonry. We then dab plasterboard to the uneven masonry jambs, affording us a nice straight, upright surface, onto which we fix the casings.

In your case, you'd be best off wedging in a vertical timber shutter and use bits of masonry, or re-build properly from the floor up. There may be room for masonry (deep bits) and foam, but you'd have to do it wisely. Wet it first and the foam will actually stabilise the masonry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back