fill the van up

The non motorist still has to pay for food deliveries, etc,
They choose not to be a motorist, so dont pay directly into fuel,
That would be a valid argument if the same was true of the motorist but the simple fact is that tax isnt specific and doesn't necessarily get ploughed back into a specific cause. ie the tax paid on fuel and road's doesnt necessarily get put back into improving the roads. therefore the motorist is being unfairly taxed again (income tax first).

I dont choose to be a smoker but why do I have to pay into the NHS to cover the facilities that smokers use?

see the argument can go both ways.

Sponsored Links
If the money was better spent and not wasted on stupid ideas and complete follys then I doubt there would be any shortfall How much do we pay into europe again? How much was the Dome? How much has been given and mis-spent on the NHS with patients still coming out sicker than they were when they went in. The list is endless. But hey thats ok make up the shortfall on the petrol just cos they can. Non motorist? fine. I'm not and I need my van. I live in the country my wife needs her car The kids schools are 5 and 12 miles away. The youngest is too young to get the bus and the oldest can get the bus however because of the distance she has to leave before the normal school run buses, this means we have to pay. That would cost us £150.00 a term. I would love to use public transport but cant How am I going to get my tools on a bus. I work upto 70 miles from my house. Check out the public transport costs for that before 9am. I am also self employed which means that I cannot in law claim tax relief on fuel for commuting. Once I get to the job and then go and get mateials then I can claim, but only for that section of the journey. I am not the only one. I am not a trucker so do not know about that side so will not even go there. Suffice to say a lot are folding up. As a motorist a minimum 66p in the pound is not right. I would love to have the luxury to be able to choose to be a non-motorist but if I did no work no home no money. Feck it might just do that and be a sponger. Seems to work for loads of others. Get the lot paid for by the good ole goverment with a little help from the motorist of course

Sponsored Links
i believe lpg has a lower tax on it?how long will that last?

good point mate. you just now it would rise if we all used it. Vegetable oil gone up just short of 30% in two weeks. Not saying there is any connection between that and the fact that a lot of derv users have started to mix this with the deisel to try and stretch it out and keep costs down. A fact the supermarkets are now aware of. :rolleyes:

just found this as well.

here is the latest poll on petrolprices.com
Do you support the fuel protests?
Y 18544 (92%)
N 1419 (7%)
Already Voted.................

Democracy? Majority rule? I really hope so.

The government screw us left right and centre. They extort massive amounts of tax from us, then waste it fighting unwinnable wars and trying to save the world. When your old mum needs a new hip or expensive drugs for a serious illness (god forbid), the money isn't there. Unfortunately, they also blew YOUR money housing millions of asylum seekers. So now your kids won't ever be able to afford a house.
We need to be more like the French. Their tax rates are as high as ours, but their hospitals, schools and roads are the best in the world. They look after themselves, they're not stupid. It's time we stopped pretending to be a superpower and looked after ourselves.

So, the more the government taxes you - the more cash jobs you need to do to balance out the situation. (if you are reading this Mr VAT Inspector, I was only joking!!) ;)

we all pay tax but the trick is to get it of the masses ;) no matter if they can afford it or not, u have to put it on fuel so we can pay failed asylum seekers £4500 to go home and started a buniness.like send asylum seekers hear so they can get £4500 so they can go home to start a business,like sending asylum seekers hear :LOL: :evil: why dont we catch ourselfs on ;) a few words like sorry no can do we cant help. 75/78 a litre is more than enough were been milked :mad: dtax for a reason and let the reason be good ;)

I have just checked - there are buses that run from near me to my place of work that could get me there before 9.00 (nearer 14.00). If I was to catch the train I would have to drive 10 miles to the station to get a 6.20 train change twice and arrive at work 50 miles from my home at 8.40. I would have to leave work at 17.00 to get a 17.15 train and get back to the station at 20.45 getting home at 21.00. The cost of this would be £46 per day and this is booking several months ahead on the cheapest rate. A season ticket would cost me £400 per month. Compare this to my car. 1 hour each way using my diesel clio that get 67mpg at a cost of approx £8 a day. Why would I get a train or even consider the bus it makes life unworkable and yet the govt keep increasing the cost saying that they want people to use public transport. I would if I could but it is not possible. God help us when per mile road charging comes into effect.
I went to london at the weekend it cost me from somerset to stratford east london £34 there and back for 4 adults (no congestion charge at the weekend) probably about 3 hours each way. The same journey on a train again 3 hours each way but costing £35.50 per person (booked several months ahead). Public transport is in a ridiculous state. However when I was in london I used the tube and excluding a bit of overcrowding at the weekend I thought it was fantastic.

Sponsored Links
Back