Filling a single layer wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to fill some bad plastering to finish off a wall in the downstairs loo of our house. Is there a filler out there that will work on a single layer brick wall that will condense? Internally I tend to fill in these kind of issues with easyfill before rubbing down, but that will just fall out of a wet wall.

Sponsored Links
Wet walls are not good for anything you should have sorted the wall out first before any plastering took place

Very helpful. The wall is not wet, but during the winter it will condense because it is a single layer. We've spent a fortune in this house and couldn't justify the extra for a toilet.

You said the wall was wet but Its your toilet at the end of the day you own it its up to you how much money you want to spend I too have a single skin toilet so know how cold they get

Sponsored Links
Sorry Steve, I wasn't clear and didn't mean to be rude. The wall is dry now, but will condense as you know. Bearing that in mind what it the best filler to use? Do I need to use plaster?

Tbh all fillers are compounds and won't be much cop on your wall I can even see you having probs with the plaster

I know it's not ideal. When I have time and energy to spare I'll pull it off and turn it into a dry wall, but for now I need the best solution. like I said it's just a toilet.

It may only be a toilet, but who wants to crap in a Sh*t-Hole !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back