Filling gap between threshold and step outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a gap running along the width of the door which is about 15mm in height and was wondering what i can use to to fill or whether i should leave well alone .I have thought about using filler foam but I am inclined to think the gap is there for a reason.
The reason I ask is because we get ants coming into the house and the seem to be nesting under the patio somewhere near the bifold door entrance.There is also a gap in the side off the step where it meets the wall Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
on closer inspection I noticed there was some foam at each end of the step but not much in the middle .The other photos shows one side of the step with a crack along the mortar which could look ants through

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_105951891.jpg
    IMG_20200503_105951891.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 315
Sponsored Links
I read in a comment on another thread that bifold doors are notorious for re adjusting themselves over a period of time which I way I was hesitant about applying foam

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_110130146.jpg
    IMG_20200503_110130146.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 248

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back