Filling holes in interior brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I just moved my radiator from an exposed brick wall, and on moving it there were two holes, about 4" diameter and 2" depth. Looks like someone had tried to fix the radiator previously and made a mess of the brick, and just placed the radiator over it.

I was wondering what the best way to go about filling these would be? I have no experience with brickwork or pointing. Have been told about pre-mix mortars but not sure about brands or application. Have a few places where the pointing has eroded in other spots which I will look to do also.

Thanks in advance - Ed

Sponsored Links
How they could have managed to hack out chunks of brickwork while trying to hang rads is a mystery.
On the face of what you say, simply fill the holes with 10mm layers of whatever kind of plaster or render has previously been used on the wall.
Allow each layer to dry before applying the next one.

Most plumbing suppliers will have small "patching" bags of ready mixed sand and cement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back