"Filling in" open plan Staircase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A property I have seen has an open plan staircase which I do not like. Is it possible to fill in the backs of the steps and also the underneath ? If it is, is there a particular wood that should be used or could I use Marine Ply?
Thank you for any advice. Having a whole Staircase replaced is not a financial option I have.

Sponsored Links
You could fill in, cost for doing that or replacing is not that big a difference.

You could fill in, cost for doing that or replacing is not that big a difference.
Thanks for your response. I know taking out an existing Staircase and replacing would be more than say a thousand pounds, whereas the timber cost would not come near that.

Thanks for your response. I know taking out an existing Staircase and replacing would be more than say a thousand pounds, whereas the timber cost would not come near that.
Replacing stairs could be done in a day, basic stairs from £150.

Sponsored Links
Ply would be ok, doesn't need to be marine, if it's just the risers then anything would do as long as it looks good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back