Filling loop, where is it? Ideal boiler C80FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
New house, problem with the boiler. It is a "Ideal Boiler C80 FF" and the pressure reading is zero. The radiators are cold upstairs, I am assuming because there is no pressure. All the advice I have seen so far recommends adding pressure via the Filling loop. This is my problem- I can't find it!
I have looked under the boiler and the sink (just in case) and can't find it. I am looking for a flexible silver pipe? Is it possible not to have one? The manual mentions connecting the filling loop but doesn't tell me how or what to.
Can I buy a filling loop and connect it and , if so, connect it to what? I am reasonably OK with most DIY but this has me stumped. Where the hell is the thing??
Thanks for any help, it would be really appreciated

Sponsored Links
filling_loop.jpg

could be anywhere try following the pipework or look for a removable panel somewhere

maybe the pipe isnt connected? (ie, the installer disconnected the filling loop and took it away?) I was under the impression that they werent supposed to be left in situ due to possibkle contamination of the mains supply in event of the water being switched off?

jime17 said:
maybe the pipe isnt connected? (ie, the installer disconnected the filling loop and took it away?) I was under the impression that they werent supposed to be left in situ due to possibkle contamination of the mains supply in event of the water being switched off?

I have yet to see one that has been disconnected or removed. Maybe I just don't get out enough :( They have two check valves to prevent contamination - one either end of the hose. The one on the CH side also prevents getting sprayed with water from the system if the hose is removed!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help so far. I have looked and looked but there isn't one there! I'm thinking it would be fairly visable from the photo you showed. Should I have pipes where it would attach to?
Could i attach a new one myself? Where would it go?
Thanks again

find your cold mains and follow that.

Of course you may not have one at all, and the system could be fed from an header tank.

You could also try asking the vendor.

Hi thanks again. Just checked under the floor and it is solid concrete underneath laminate so I hope to god it's not under there!
Here are some pictures of the pipes under the boiler:

http://www.dylan1.plus.com/Pipes.htm

Is there anything not there that should be attached? Any sign of where I should attach a filling loop? Could it be inside the boiler
Thanks again[/url]

allende said:
Hi thanks again. Just checked under the floor and it is solid concrete underneath laminate so I hope to god it's not under there!
Here are some pictures of the pipes under the boiler:

http://www.dylan1.plus.com/Pipes.htm

Is there anything not there that should be attached? Any sign of where I should attach a filling loop? Could it be inside the boiler
Thanks again[/url]

That isolating valve looks like it may do the job, the chrome thing above the wshing machine tap, so give it a try

Spot on! Thanks so much, spent all day looking for a solution- half a turn with a screwdriver sorted it!
Thanks again, what a great forum, really grateful

what about the hep fittings within 1m of the boiler tsk tsk? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back