Filling the gaps between exposed Floor Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of exposing the floor boards in my bathroom and painting them over (waterproof paint of course) because we fancy a wooden floor as oppose to tiles, lino etc. I am intending to fill the gaps between the boards with pva glue and sawdust but what sort of mix do you use, anyone know?
Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
not sure it really matters as long as it sets & dries properly. I'd do a little test first with a 50/50 mix & see what happens.

But if you manage to do this well ( many posts about this, consensus is it won't hold ) won't the floor just be a uniform wide, coloured surface and little different from a plastic sheet ?

Thanks Versi.
In which case Mointainwalker (should that be mountain?) it will be a great experiment and if successful I will post some pictures! :D

Sponsored Links
Yes WF, it should be but adjacent keys, a moment's inattention and no way to modify it.

What colour are you considering ?

Yes WF, it should be but adjacent keys, a moment's inattention and no way to modify it.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As for colour, well that is the wifes department but I suspect it will and off white/cream/shade of something or other?
I would like to say Ferrari Red cos in my house colour seems to always be shade of white with a hint of whatever. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back