find work or else!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I heard on the news this morning that the government was to crack down on benefit for people that don't try to find work,specaully now that all these people, sloggers mates etc are coming here from poland etc and finding work no problems, so can they do it? and if they do I wonder if my tax bill will be reduced?. or maybe you feel that these eastern block folk are nicking all the jobs?
or is it just posturing?
or maybe we should just be thinking about baby jesus this time of year?

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
I wonder if my tax bill will be reduced?.
Labour will never reduce tax, they need the money for their useless tax & spend policies and paying for the Iraq war. :cry:

Labour idea of using eastern folks is to drive down our wages because the UK is too wealthy, I can see within 10yrs, most people will be on minimum wages.

A Hospital, (can't remember where) has sacked 16 NHS contractor last week and replaced with the Polish workers because they were cheaper and work longer hours.

They will continue to tax up to the hilt and then go for a 61% pay rise as reported recently for themselves - keeping them at the top of the pile and earning enough not to be affected by the growing tax bills we all face - and we are lucky to get a 3/4% pay rise per year.

There must need loads of construction work over 'there' now, as most of them have jumped ship and come here to work !
Maybe if we went there we could earn a months money in a few days too !!!

Sponsored Links
well if their going to open up the borders there should be the same opertunitys for us all, so the wages should be brough up to line with the whole of europe.
our unemployed maybe could find work in poland. ;)

Richardp said:
I heard on the news this morning that the government was to crack down on benefit for people that don't try to find work,

I can understand their are genuine reasons why some people struggle to find work, I can even entertain health reasons to a certain degree, but if people in wheelchairs can get to work, why can't somebody with a bad back? Granted they wouldn't be much use as a labourer or scaffolder but why not re-skill and train for a non-physical job?

I've always wondered whats wrong with people having to work for their benefits? Most town precincts/parks/roadsides are littered up, loads of fly tipping down lanes. Why not get jobseekers to do 16 hrs cleaning up in order to show they are willing?

My dad got laid off from his job, and found a new one within weeks. He has never been out of work long enough to claim benefits in his 45 yrs of working. By the time he's filled out the forms, they've been processed and he's been assessed he's been back to work. Not menial jobs either, always been good ones.

I also believe for every hard working (tax paying) immigrant worker we take in, we should swap back a lazy, "third generation" benefit claimer who has never worked since leaving school. You know the type - "English", parents never worked, has no intention of working because would actually be taking a pay cut. I'd rather live next door to a hardworking eastern european or asian than lazy white s*ite.

[quote="masona Labour idea of using eastern folks is to drive down our wages because the UK is too wealthy, I can see within 10yrs, most people will be on minimum wages.
SAID, masona

I said this 3 years ago and all the forum took the p.iss out of me,
I said the sky was falling in but yet again you all laughed at me
I said an astroid was on a collision course with us earthlings but it missed by a whisker.

If Europe has a common labour market then the poor countries will get richer (Eastern block) - and the rich countries (us) will get poorer.

The countries doing best in the standard of living stakes are those that aren't part of Europe as such (Swiss, Norwegian, Icelandic etc). Let's get out and keep what we've got. When the present boom ends (ten years so far) we'll have a 10 year recession. That's when Peter the Pole will pinch your jobs. He's part of the Polish economy. All he needs is his Easy Jet ticket to pinch your job.

ve always wondered whats wrong with people having to work for their benefits? Most town precincts/parks/roadsides are littered up, loads of fly tipping down lanes. Why not get jobseekers to do 16 hrs cleaning up in order to show they are willing?
well said indeed, get them out of their pits and give them something to do - and if they dont, then dont give them any money.
People with severe disabilities, give them what they need, give them money and help, I cant imagine what it would be like to be badly disabled but I imagince it wont be nice at all so IMO they should be given what they need.
Partialy disabled, as in the above example, is difficult, some play on it, others are genuine, but the bad neck example I agree with, get a job in an office.
As for foreign workers, without wanting to appear racist, a couple of decades ago didnt foreigners from another part of the world come here and work all hours for a pittance? they certianly demand their rights now - wil this be the case again in 20 years?
I havenever been jobless in my life (38) apart from a few months "rest" when I came out of the forces, and a few weeks "rest" when I got made redundant last year - I have since setup on my own and never looked back, I appreciate not everyone has the skills or dare I say intellegence to have a super job, but there are jobs to be had, the problem is, if you can get your rent, council tax, school meals, free dentist (which costs a fortune!) free eye test, free prescriptions AND money each week then of course people are going to do it! A relative of mine is a single mum, she puts away £50 a week and has a holiday abroad each year - she hasnt worked in 13 years because of the reasons I just mentioned.

No free scrips if on longterm sick.......you gets your money and then pays for essential pills :eek: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back