Finding pipes and cables in walls

Sponsored Links
You can not beat a 6mm sds bit for finding pipes! as I found out yesterday :(

Lol Oh dear that's never good! I have been lucky so far which is why I thought I would invest in one of these things to find somewhere to hang things or to just avoid pipes and such!

I know of no tradesman who owns one. A lot of people, myself included, have tried them and abandoned the idea as inaccurate and unreliable. I think that says a lot for these devices. I keep going back and trying one from time to time (up to £500). And trying. And trying.........

Sponsored Links
I bought one of those a couple of years ago and I can't say it was a good purchase it will locate studwork ok but I would not rely on it for anything else.

I bought one of those a couple of years ago and I can't say it was a good purchase it will locate studwork ok but I would not rely on it for anything else.

Yes I agree.
Though I have found the metal detector useful for finding nails in wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back