Finding someone to build an extension

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got plans in with the local authority and should have a decision in the next couple of weeks but I'm really struggling to find anyone to build the thing.

I asked for recommendations from neighbours who had similar things built, contacted several local companies I found on the FMB website as well as a company the architect recommended.

Out of all that I had one person turn up who spent 30 seconds looking at the outside of the house and then never sent anything through.

Is there an excess of work going on at the moment, is there something I should be saying to get people more interested?

My wife is getting a bit worried now as our baby is due early next year and she had wanted this done by then.

Sponsored Links
Try using a Facebook group, there will probably be one to your local area.
Then ask on there for referrals, you will probably get builders responding also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back