fingers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know anyone who do the finger thing, as in, what, ever Jerry Springer, ? you've got to be under 14 years of age to know the true meaning :confused: even my kids are doing it, and they are 5 years old, :LOL:, see what us older one's are missing, :LOL: all this finger stuff, :confused: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
2 fingers=Bowmen from Agincourt................1 finger=Americanisation of same :rolleyes:

i dissagree with 2nd bit, i have always known it as "sit and swivel"

the origin of sticking two fingers up was indeed from archers or bowmen as Nige F says.

if a bowman was caught they would chop his two "bow fingers" off so to stick two fingers up at some one was actualy saying "i can still fre a bow" and over the years it has become corupted to what it is now

Nige F said:
2 fingers=Bowmen from Agincourt................1 finger=Americanisation of same :rolleyes:

breezer said:
the origin of sticking two fingers up was indeed from archers or bowmen as Nige F says.

if a bowman was caught they would chop his two "bow fingers" off so to stick two fingers up at some one was actualy saying "i can still fre a bow" and over the years it has become corupted to what it is now

http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/pluckyew.htm

My friends kids was telling me about this club that they went to and I asked ''was there a Disk jockey?" and them kids just doubled up!! I still don't get it but it was obviously not a cool thing to have asked ? :eek: :confused:

Richardp said:
My friends kids was telling me about this club that they went to and I asked ''was there a Disk jockey?" and them kids just doubled up!! I still don't get it but it was obviously not a cool thing to have asked ? :eek: :confused:

I work with kids so am quite down with the hip and happening lingo, you cool cat. Hang loose. (joke).

Anyway, you should've said "DJ". The laughter you were at the end of was a bit harsh in my opinion, seen as that "DJ" means "Disk Jockey".

breezer said:
I too agree, but I've always wondered why they only cut two fingers off when an archer uses three fingers to draw the string back.

Sponsored Links
Back